We hope all is well with you and your family during these challenging times.
We are now scheduling dental appointments, and taking extensive precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our patients. We are fully compliant with infection control procedures set by Ontario Dental Association and Royal Collage of Dental Surgeons as well as health regulations set by Ontario Ministry of Health.
We have also changed our appointment procedures and taken other safety measures to provide a safe and comfortable dental appointment, which we have explained below.
Before Your Appointment
• Patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
• Intake screening forms will be provided to review and bring to appointments.
Upon Your Arrival To The Office
• To maintain social distancing, please call or text when you arrive and wait in your vehicle or outside of the office until your scheduled appointment time. The office will call or text you back when your treatment room is ready and a staff member will then greet you at the entrance.
• Patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons upon entering the practice.
• Temperature checks will be taken upon entering the practice.
• Patients showing signs or symptoms of illness, or exposure to COVID-19, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entrance that patients will be asked to use.
• Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office other than patients requiring care from one guardian or caregiver.
• The number of patients at any given time in the practice will be limited and appointments will be staggered.
• Waiting area chairs will be limited to 1.
• We ask that patients continue to practice social distancing measures in the office at all times.
• There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
• You will find hand sanitizer at our entrance and throughout the office.
• Magazines, children’s toys, and other items that are difficult to disinfect will be removed from the waiting area.
• We will suspend providing coffee and refreshments.
• Common areas will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
• Our restrooms will be closed for use at this time but the keys for upstairs restrooms will be provided if needed.
Your Treatment and Care
• All staff are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
• Staff temperatures are taken daily upon entering the practice.
• Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) are provided for all clinical and administrative staff including, N95 (or equivalent) masks, face shields, gowns, gloves, and other protective equipment as required.
• Treatment rooms are completely sterilized before patients are seated – extra time is scheduled in-between appointments to allow for the thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
• All operatories are equipped with medical grade air purifiers from Surgically Clean Air that offer superior air cleaning through sophisticated filtration systems of carbon filters, hepa filters and negative ion generators. Also rooms are isolated for aerosol generating procedures
• During treatment, our team strictly follows guidelines set by Ontario Dental Association and Ontario Hygiene Association
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority, and our entire dental team is committed to ensuring your safety and comfort in receiving dental care from our office.
We are looking forward to reconnecting with our patients and providing for your dental needs.
If you have any questions or concerns related to your care after reviewing this information, please contact us directly.
Towngate Dentall Team